Veteran's Affairs Office
ObjectivesOur objective is to assist veterans and dependents to submit applications for service connected Disability Compensation, Pension Benefits, Medical care, Home Loan Guarantees, Life Insurance, and other benefits to include:
- Assisting handicapped and permanently disabled veterans with applications for the North Carolina State Veterans Nursing Homes and other long term care facilities
- Assisting the children of veterans with applications for college scholarships.
- Assisting veterans with applications for Hunting and Fishing Licenses
- Grants for Specially Adapted Housing
- Grants to obtain Specially Adapted equipment and vehicles for handicapped and disabled veterans and Specialized Automotive License tags
Veterans can also visit U.S. National Archives and Records Administration to request military records.
Are You an Unemployed Veteran?
Then you may be eligible to receive assistance for training to help you get back to work. For more information and to see if you qualify,visit the website for the Veterans Opportunity to Work program.
In Honor of Our Soldiers....The Edgecombe County Veterans' Military Museum honors a deceased soldier on the first Monday of each month at 11:00 a.m. by raising a flag in his/her name. The ceremony is held on the Town Commons in Tarboro.