The Edgecombe County Board of Elections has the responsibility of conducting all elections held within the County. In the BOE office we: register new voters; provide ballots and staffing for the voting precincts; maintain and update voter registrations by removing the names of the deceased, felons, and voters that have moved from the county; stay abreast of changes in election laws and regulations; and maintain campaign reports for candidates.
- Elected Officials -January 2019
State Board of Elections update.
PHOTO ID, SAME-DAY REGISTRATION, OUT-OF-PRECINCT VOTING, & PRE-REGISTRATION
On July 29, a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit struck down photo ID requirements and other elections procedures enacted under S.L. 2013-381 and amended by S.L. 2015-103. Barring any alternative outcome on appeal, the following are no longer enforceable:
- Photo ID requirement contained in Part 2 of Session Law 2013-381, as amended by Session Law 2015-103;
- Removal of pre-registration contained in Part 12 of Session Law 2013-381;
- Elimination of same-day registration contained in Part 16 of Session Law 2013-381;
- Changes to early voting contained in Part 25 of Session Law 2013-381; and
- Elimination of out-of-precinct voting contained in Part 49 of Session Law 2013-381.
The district court order is available here. Please check back at this website for updates as they become available.
Know Your Voter Rights
- If you have a criminal record, you should be aware of your voter rights in NC.
- Click here to download "A Misdemeanant & Ex-Felon's Guide to Voting in NC".
To learn the what, when and how, download the bilingual: