The Community Alternatives Program for Disabled Adults (CAP/DA/Choice)
The Community Alternatives Program for Children (CAP/C)
CAP offers home and community based services to eligible Medicaid recipients who face institutional placement, but wish to remain in the home. CAP provides care for elderly, disabled adults and medically high-risk children whose health, safety, and well-being can be assured in the home setting.
CAP/DA/Choice patients may be considered for:
- Case Management
- Personal Care Aide
- Adult Health Day Care
- Home Accessibility and Adaptation
- Institutional Respite Services
- Non-Institutional Respite Services
- Personal Emergency Response Services (Telephone Alert)
- Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Participant Goods and Services
- Community Transition Services
- Training, Education and Consultative Services
- Assistive Technology
- Care Advisor (CAP/Choice Only)
- Personal Assistant (CAP/Choice Only)
- Financial Management Services (CAP/Choice Only)
We provide CAP/DA/Choice services for Edgecombe County residents only.CAP/C patients may be considered for:
- CAP/C Nursing Services
- CAP/C Personal Care Services
- CAP/C Waiver Supplies
- Home Mobility Aids
- Respite Care
MFP (Money Follows the Person)
Money Follows the Person is a state project that helps transition medical-eligible North Carolinians who live in inpatient facilities into their own home.
- Transfer out of nursing facility if qualifications are met.
We provide MFP services in Edgecombe County only.
For public comments or questions, please call 252-641-7511.