Child Support Division
Edgecombe County Child Support Enforcement is part of the Edgecombe County Department of Social Services
and is responsible for
- Noncustodial parent location
- Establishment of Paternity
- Establishment of child support/medical support obligations
- Collection and distribution of child support monies
- Enforcement of Child Support Orders
Payments are split (by proration) between all cases if payor has more than one court ordered child support obligation sent through the North Carolina centralized collections.
The Child Support Department of the Clerk’s office performs the following:
- Maintains all court records in child support collection cases
- Collects support from payor by:
direct withholding of child support from payor's income
- Affirms paternity by adding the father's name to the birth certificate when the paternity is not recorded on the birth certificate.
Fee is $6.00.
Need copy of the birth certificate and social security card for the child
Both parents (mother and father) must be present