Beginning June 1, 2020
Both the Collections Office and the DMV-License Plate Agency in the County Administration Building will reopen to the public with certain protective measures in place. For the safety of our staff and customers we ask that you adhere to the following:
- Do not enter our offices if you have a fever or any other COVID-19 symptom;
- Remain behind physical barriers that are in place at our counters;
- While waiting in line for service, follow signs and distance yourself at least 6 feet from the next person;
- If you have a mask, please wear one;
- Refrain from entering any other areas except for the Collections Office and the DMV-LPA; and
- Use remote methods to conduct business if at all possible (by mail, online or outdoor drop-box).
All other offices will remain closed to in-person business.
You may contact the office you need assistance. Refer to the list below.
COUNTY OFFICES CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
County Manager’s Office & Clerk to the Board of Commissioners
County Attorney’s Office
Board of Elections
Farm Service Agency (FSA)
252-823-8187 Ext. 2
Guardian Ad Litem
Office on Aging
Planning & Inspections
Register of Deeds
Soil & Water
252-823-8187 ext. 3
Tax Assessor 252-641-7856
Tax Collector 252-641-7810
DMV – License Plate Agency 252-641-6684
Sheriff’s Office 252-641-7911
Animal Control – Intake of animals will continue, but the shelter is closed to the public. 252-641-4112
Detention Center – No visits will be allowed until further notice.
Water & Sewer
Offices will be closed for in-person business, but applications are still available online and by phone. Completed applications for programs may be placed in our drop-box at either of our offices. Recertification for some programs may be automatically extended.
Rocky Mount - 301 S. Fairview Rd., Rocky Mount
Tarboro Office – 122 E. St. James St., Tarboro
COUNTY OFFICES OPEN with LIMITED SERVICES
Health Department - Open to the public, but all clinical services require an appointment. The dental office is only open by appointment only. Nurses are available to answer questions.
Rocky Mount Office: 252-985-4100
Tarboro Office: 252-641-7511
Edgecombe County Courthouse: Full court services with some restrictions will resume June 1, 2020. For information call.
Clerk of Court 252-824-3200 Probation 252-823-0221
District Attorney 252-824-3210 Superior Court Judge 252-824-3216
COUNTY OFFICES with NORMAL OPERATIONS
The C&D Landfill, transfer station and all convenience sites will remain open until further notice. If you have any questions call 252-827-4253
IMPORTANT NOTICE re. Applying for DSS Programs!
In an effort to keep our community safe from the COVID-19 outbreak, our agency has implemented procedures to promote social distancing. We will no longer conduct face-to-face contact with our customers. We will continue to accept applications for Food and Nutrition (Food Stamps), Medicaid, Crisis Intervention Program (CIP) and Work First benefits.
Applications can be completed online at www.ePass.nc.gov. Paper applications will continue to be available in our agency. In an effort to comply with the Governor’s executive order on social distancing:
• You can complete the application in your vehicle, in the parking lot or at home.
• You must provide all required documentation needed to process your application.
• Be sure to review your application and make certain all areas are complete.
• DON’T FORGET TO SIGN YOUR APPLICATION. UNSIGNED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
• Be sure to provide a working telephone number where you can be reached. A caseworker will conduct a follow-up interview by telephone.
• After you have completed the application return it to our agency and leave it in the Secured drop box located at the main entrance of the building.
• Applications can also be mailed per customer request. Ask the receptionist for a business reply envelope to return it in the mail.
To apply for Child Support services online visit www.ncchildsupport.com or call 1-800-992-9457.
You can reach the Tarboro Social Services Office at (252) 641-7611 and the Rocky Mount Social Services Office at (252) 985-4101. Visit edgecombecountync.gov for additional online services and contact information for the office(s) you need to visit.