Social Work Services
To make a report of adult abuse or neglect call 641-7988. To report emergency situations of possible abuse or neglect after hours call 911.
The mission of the Adult Services Team is to assist, guide, and empower adults and their families to reach their full potential through self-determination, self-fulfillment and self-support.
- To enhance the quality of life without in-fringing on the right to self-determination.
- To protect the vulnerable.
- To render assistance with, empathy, compassion, and confidentiality.
- To ensure that individuals and their families are treated with dignity and respect.
Adult Services Available
For More Adult Services Information, please contact:
- Adult Protective Services
- Placement Services
- Adult Day Care
- General Assistance
- Crisis Intervention Program
- Services for the Blind
- Foster Care Services
- Medical Transportation
- Adult Care Home Case Management Services
- Guardianship Services
- In-Home Aide Services
- At-Risk Case Management Services
- Individual and Family Adjustment Services
- Health Support Services
- Family Planning
- Intake Services
Adult Services Supervisor - Brenda Daniels @ 252-641-7691
To make a report of child abuse or neglect call 641-7661. To report emergency situations of possible abuse or neglect after hours call 911.
The Child Protective Services’ Mission is to guide, assist, protect and respond to children and families encountering problems related to child abuse and neglect. Child Protective Services strives to promote the preservation of family functioning through available services and resources which capitalize on family strengths. It is our desire to empower families with respect and dignity to become healthy, self-sustaining units. Our mission is to foster maximum self-determination because we believe in the capacity of people to change and the desire of most parents to be good parents.
- Intake & Screening
- Child Protective Services Investigation
- Protective Services Treatment
- Family Preservation Services
- Adolescent Parenting Program
- Protective Services for Troubled Adolescents
- Parents Improving Parenting Skills
For More Children Services Information, please contact:
Children Services Administrator – Tilda Marshall @ 252-641-7988
Edgecombe County Department of Social Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment or in the provision of services.