The Civil Division of the Edgecombe County Clerk’s office is located on the 1st floor of the Edgecombe County Courthouse. You may call our office at 252-824-3200
The Civil Division handles:
- Superior Court matters involving lawsuits over $10,000.
- District Court matters involving lawsuits under $10,000.
- Small Claims matters under $5,000.
- Landlord tenant disputes/summary ejectment
- Claims for monies owed
- Domestic Relations lawsuits:
- Child Support
- Domestic Violence
- Custody, Equitable Distribution of Property, Alimony
- Absolute Divorce based on a one year separation
- Claims of Lien
- Civil Judgments
- Upset Bids on Tax Delinquent Properties
- Deposits of Disputed Ernest Money in Real Estate Transactions
You will also find in the Civil Division
- Public Access computer terminals to access VCAP (civil case court database)
- Cashier full time at front counter
For more information, please visit Administrative Office of the Courts Frequently Asked Questions